[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-creator problem during enforcing

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 04:04:55 UTC 2008

Hi Eric,

<warren> jeremy: btw, any idea why if I create a livecd while enforcing,
the resulting image when booted cannot do /bin/su?
Permission denied
<warren> jeremy: F9 host, F9 target image
<warren> jeremy: it seems fine if I setenforce 0 before livecd-creator
<jeremy> warren: with f9 updates?  if so, I *thought* all of the selinux
userspace bits for enforcing had been pushed.  but I didn't keep that
close of an eye on them.  eparis would be the one to ask

Currently if I make a LiveCD of F9 + updates on a F9 host,
livecd-creator seems to succeed.  But if I boot that live image, I am
unable to run /bin/su because of a denied permission.  setenforce 0
prior to livecd-creator creates a working image.

Are we missing bits pushed to F9 updates that would allow enforcing to
be enabled and to create a valid LiveCD image?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com