[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: failing at my first attempt at liveCD creation

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 03:23:18 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Jerry Vonau wrote:
>
>  You could also use the --cachedir= setting in livecd-creator to keep the
>> cache from being deleted in between runs.
>>
>>  Make that --cache=

OK... I tried that, and after a few false attempts I figured out that I had
to pre-create a cache directory specifically named 'yum-cache'
and to pass into the -cache option the name of the directory
that _contained_ 'yum-cache' instead.

After running livecd-creator, that cache directory was indeed
populated, so I decided to run the build again to watch it now
take all the rpms from the cache, but it still went out to the net
for everything.

So I'm not too sure what --cache really does for me.  :-(

Next attempt... the local repo again.