[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: failing at my first attempt at liveCD creation

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 1 17:01:32 UTC 2008

Fulko Hew wrote:
> On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> Jerry Vonau wrote:
>>
>>  You could also use the --cachedir= setting in livecd-creator to keep the
>>> cache from being deleted in between runs.
>>>
>>>  Make that --cache=
>

> OK... I tried that, and after a few false attempts I figured out that I had
> to pre-create a cache directory specifically named 'yum-cache'
> and to pass into the -cache option the name of the directory
> that _contained_ 'yum-cache' instead.

I've been using rawhide and now F9, I didn't have that problem with
recent versions, what version are you using? Might be the behavior of
what was released with F8, sorry I don't recall.

> After running livecd-creator, that cache directory was indeed
> populated, so I decided to run the build again to watch it now
> take all the rpms from the cache, but it still went out to the net
> for everything.

There should be contact with the internet, to gather the repo's metadata
to resolve dependences for the rpms. However when it comes time to
download the rpms, if the rpm is in the cache the download should be
skipped.

> So I'm not too sure what --cache really does for me.  :-(

You have a directory with all the rpms that went into your spin, you
might want to use that as a base for a custom local repo.

Jerry