[Fedora-livecd-list] Request/wish list/bug report?

livecd at mjkern2000.fastmail.fm livecd at mjkern2000.fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 11 00:25:08 UTC 2008

Can someone either modify the Livecd tools or point me to how one would
take an existing good install of Fedora and make a live cd "backup" from
that installation?

The idea is sort of like a backup of a good system with the system edits
and configurations/software installs that you desire.  Ubuntu makes this
in remastersys.  I have tested this thoroughly.  It works very well with
the Gnome version of ubuntu, (but is a little twitchy with any other
combination of window manager and Debian).

The idea is to create a hard drive version of Fedora (8 or 9) and then
move it to a flash drive that emulates a CD.  This would be used for
devices similar to the One Laptop Per Child I think I have the technique
down that I can do the CD emulation pretty good, but making a backup of
Fedora with the desired configurations has been difficult.  It is easy
to get the software install that is desired, but I need to do some edits
to firefox, install some add-ins (hard to do with kickstart in the
install the software mode) and harden firefox, then add some WEP codes
then build the CD.  If someone can point me to some tutorials where you
can do this via scripting, I could do that - but I have no idea how to
script the firefox add-ins and settings in a script much less put WEP
codes in that will carry over to the CD.

  mjkern2000 at fastmail.fm