[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: Request/wish list/bug report?

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Wed Jun 11 02:20:51 UTC 2008

There's been discussion of what you want in the past but (I think) we're
a ways off from a script that does this.  But, a few things that may
help get you there.

First, you can modify the default Firefox setup by playing with this file:

    |/usr/lib/firefox-*/defaults/pref/all-redhat.js|

Second, you can duplicate the entire /home/[user] directory on a
configured system as /etc/skel in %post nochroot.  Say you've copied
that directory to /home/john/files/etc/skel on your build system, you could:

    %post -nochroot
    cp /home/john/files/etc/skel/ > $INSTALL_ROOT/etc/skel/

FWIW, I've had more luck doing firefox mods this way than modifying .
You should be able to do a similar trick to copy the wep keys.

Now, assuming you have to run something on boot to do more stuff, you
could modify /etc/init.d/fedora-live.  You could either

    * echo stuff onto the end in %post or %post -nochroot
    * use sed to modify the middle (in the same parts)
    * take a fedora-live init script and modify it, comment out the
    parts of the kickstart that build it and then copy it in in %post
    -nochroot

FWIW, I suspect the fedora equivalent of remastersys would probably do
something along the lines of snag the kickstart that is stashed in /root
during the install, copy /home/[user] to /etc/skel and then look for
files changed since the install timestamp in places like /etc/.  If I
built such a critter it would be in bash or php cli and not the fedora
world's canonical python.  Me no speak python...

Anyway, good luck with this.  Try the suggestions above and whatever
else gets posted.  If you run into hitches, post questions to the list.
Generally the list has been phenomenal in helping people pull down hitches.

Tim

--
Tim Wood, CLP, RHCT

The Data Wranglers
Web, Database & more since    since 1994
www.datawranglers.com