[Fedora-livecd-list] Kickstart ignored?

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Sat Mar 1 09:06:21 UTC 2008

Gary Thomas wrote:
> Jerry Vonau wrote:
>> Gary Thomas wrote:

>>> Precisely what I already did (see the first example above)
>>
>> Just so I'm clear here, you burned the iso with this file in /tmp?
>
> No, I downloaded the kickstart file into /tmp after the livecd was
> booted, but before I called liveinst.
>
>> Looking through /usr/sbin/anaconda I see:
>> op.add_option("--kickstart", dest="ksfile")
>> but no --ks= so I don't think anaconda is using the ks file.
>>
>> Perhaps "liveinst --text --kickstart=/tmp/ks.cfg" would do the trick
>> here. That is setup in the livecd ks file, which would need to be edited:
>>
>> if strstr "\`cat /proc/cmdline\`" liveinst ; then
>>    /usr/sbin/liveinst --kickstart=\$ks
>> fi
>>
>> if strstr "\`cat /proc/cmdline\`" textinst ; then
>>    /usr/sbin/liveinst --text --kickstart=\$ks
>> fi
>>
>> Hoping I'm on the right track,
>
> Thanks - I'll look more closely at how these options are passed around.

I tried every option I could find, even trying to run anaconda in a more
"normal" mode, but it always ignores my kickstart file.  I even put an
incorrect file name <non-existent> and indeed nothing changed, hence my
assertion that the kickstart file (ks=XXX) is ignored completely.

What am I missing?  How can I get this to work?

Thanks