[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-tools-015 released

Patrice Guay patrice.guay at nanotechnologies.qc.ca
Sun Mar 9 03:02:03 UTC 2008

Patrice Guay wrote:
> Jeremy Katz wrote:
>> I've just pushed livecd-tools-015 to the repository and am building the
>> package for tomorrow's rawhide.  You can also grab the tarball from
>> http://fedorahosted.org/releases/l/i/livecd
>>
>> At this point, the feature flow for Fedora 9 should be pretty much
>> finished.  There's still some things to help improve the user experience
>> around the persistence support, but it seems to be working nicely.
>>

> I tested livecd-tools-015 under CentOS 5. Here are some the little
> problems
> I encountered so far:
>
> To make isomd5sum optional, it should not be invoked in every case
> (live.py,
> line 256).
>
> At line 200 of livecd-iso-to-disk, it would be better to test the
> existence
> of the $overlaysizemb variable before evaluating if it is greater than
> 2047MB.
> In certain circumstances (vfat usbkey, overlaysizemb undefined) this
> error
> message is displayed:
>
> /usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk: line 200: [: : integer expression expected

I just found that the iso images created with livecd-tools-015 under
CentOS 5
don't boot correctly:

[...]
ide0: ports already in use, skipping probe
Red Hat nash version 5.1.19.6 starting
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory

I still can't figure this one. Even a minimal iso image displays this
behavior.

--
Patrice