[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-tools-015 released

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 15:40:10 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 12:48 -0400, Patrice Guay wrote:
> Jerry Vonau wrote:
> > Patrice Guay wrote:
> >> I just found that the iso images created with livecd-tools-015 under
> >> CentOS 5
> >> don't boot correctly:
[snip]

> >> I still can't figure this one. Even a minimal iso image displays this
> >> behavior.
>>
> > Think you'll need to use mkinitrd-6.0.34-1 to work with
> > livecd-tools-015, as mayflower is now part of the mkinitrd package.
> > I'm not sure if there is an updated mkinitrd package for anything but
> > F9. Might have better luck with version 14 in your environment.
> >
> Then mkinitrd >= 6.0.31 (the version where mkliveinitrd was added) is a
> requirement for livecd-tools-015. This should be added to the
> SPEC file.

It's not a requirement for livecd-tools.  But livecd-tools no longer
includes or runs mayflower for creating the initrd in the live image,
instead depending on the packages that are included in the package set
to do so.

If you're wanting to build a live image for an older distribution that
doesn't include this functionality, then you'll need something like what
I added to the Fedora 8 live image configs[1]

Jeremy

[1]
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=livecd;a=commitdiff;h=11dbd0bb5ba4b845e80109e990e4e780ca402218