[Fedora-livecd-list] Brazilian Portuguese localized spin for Fedora 9

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Sat May 24 23:58:16 UTC 2008

Hello all!

I created a spin for Brazilian users and would like to share some
thoughts here.

I managed enough space in order to include required localized packages
such as hunspell-pt and openoffice.org-langpack-pt_BR. It was really
good to get OpenOffice.org included because the DVD Installation Media
is not installing the Language Pack by default, which is critical for
localized desktops.

The interesting thing is that the ISO created using livecd-tools-017-1
in Fedora 9 was 10 MB smaller than the one created using
livecd-tools-013-1 in F8. With the newer version I got 690 MB and with
the older one I got 700 MB, which still fits in a CD in my tests.
Considering the size, I don't intend to make it grow anymore, in order
to preserve the compatibility with older livecd-tools versions. So if
somebody still runs F8 and wants to create the spin there will be no
problem.

The .ks files are available at Fedora People if anybody wants to take a
look:
http://igor.fedorapeople.org/spin-pt_BR/F9/

I am thinking about hosting them in our infrastructure at
http://www.projetofedora.org/ and make a torrent with the ISO in the
future, if nobody opposes to that.

Regards,
Igor Pires Soares