[Fedora-livecd-list] Re-using cache between i386 and x86_64 composes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Oct 7 00:38:14 UTC 2008

Maybe this is just a "me" thing and I should use different caches, but
when I try to use the same cachedir and compose i686 and x86_64 images,
I can run into a situation where the repomd.xml for say the 64bit repo
is newer than the repomd.xml for the 32bit repo.  This can lead to a
situation where livecd-creator won't pull down the repodata for the
32bit repo after a 64bit run, which will lead to the compose crashing
horribly.

With pungi, I force re-getting all the repodata, regardless of existing
content.  It's a little extra downloading but it ensures we always get
the right repodata.  Do people think that's what should be done with
livecd-creator, or should I just set up my scripts so that when
composing i686 I use one cache dir, and when composing x86_64 I use
another?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!