[Fedora-livecd-list] Re-using cache between i386 and x86_64 composes

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Oct 7 00:49:12 UTC 2008

> Maybe this is just a "me" thing and I should use different caches, but
> when I try to use the same cachedir and compose i686 and x86_64 images,
> I can run into a situation where the repomd.xml for say the 64bit repo
> is newer than the repomd.xml for the 32bit repo.  This can lead to a
> situation where livecd-creator won't pull down the repodata for the
> 32bit repo after a 64bit run, which will lead to the compose crashing
> horribly.
>
> With pungi, I force re-getting all the repodata, regardless of existing
> content.  It's a little extra downloading but it ensures we always get
> the right repodata.  Do people think that's what should be done with
> livecd-creator, or should I just set up my scripts so that when
> composing i686 I use one cache dir, and when composing x86_64 I use
> another?

The default is that we use a fresh cache directory for each individual
run.  If you're reusing cachedirs, you should either be keeping them
arch-specific or just nuke metadata yourself in between runs.  I'd
really prefer keeping any information about how repos are built,
verified, etc out of livecd-creator as it's just another thing that can
get out of sync over time