[Fedora-livecd-list] Increasing Root Size on Fedora 11 Live USB Stick

tobby luccas tluc0323 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 25 03:09:17 UTC 2009

Hello!

I am new to using Fedora 11 Live on a usb stick and am wondering if there is a relatively simple way to increase  the size of the root partition on the stick after it has been installed using the Fedora-Live_USB Creator utility v3.6.7.  I used the x86-64 live image to create the stick.

Or alternately recreate the stick, but with more space going to the root partition.

Also, is there a document somewhere, or a thread, which provides an overview of the file system created on the usb stick and also how persistence works?  I set the 8 GB stick up with 4 GB of persistence, but this seems to mostly have ended up in the /tmp directory and when I try ro install software to its appropriate place on the system, I have quickly run out of space eventhough I haven't installed anywhere near 4GB of software.

I would appreciate any help which someone may be able to offer. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Toby