[Fedora-livecd-list] What to do if a package requires fedora-logos?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 4 21:09:42 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 04.03.2009, 22:51 +0200 schrieb مؤيد السعدي:
> use system-logs which will be either generic-logos or fedora-logos
>
> if the icon needed by lxde is not provided by generic-logos, file a bug
> report against generic-logos

This will take too much time and it wont help me anyway because of 2.

> >      2. Even if I provide a neutral icon ether in system-logos or in my
> >         package itself, I need to specify the icon with it's full path.
> in both cases the needed icon should be provided by both generic-logos or
> fedora-logos
>
> let's say "generic-logos" should provide a desktop independent icon for
> main menu in less famous desktops

And how would this help me? Let's say we include icon-panel-menu.png
also in generic-logos, what do we gain? I still need an absolute path
like in /usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/24x24/apps/icon-panel-menu.png. If I
don't specify the full path it is not predictable which size the panel
chooses.

> XFCE had a similar problem at some point when F10 was in rawhide
> later they provide the icon,

Yes, and it nearly took a wohle release until they finally shipped the
icon in system-logos. :(

> another approach is file a bug report against lxde

I'm the LXDE maintainer as well as member of LXDE upstream, so I can
(nearly) change anything you suggest, but I still don't see how an icon
in generic-logos solves my problem.

Regards,
Christoph