[Fedora-livecd-list] proxy settings for livecd-creator

Pak, Mesut mesut.pak at nscorp.com
Thu May 14 13:58:52 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I have seen some posts regarding to this but no definitive answer.

Could some one tell me if there is a way to set livecd-creator to use particular http proxy server and provide user authentication details?

My yum.conf is alredy set up to use http proxy server.

ivecd-creator --config=/opt/livecd_work/livecd-fedora-minimal.ks --fslabel=FedoraLiveCD --cache=/var/cache/live
mke2fs 1.41.3 (12-Oct-2008)
Filesystem label=FedoraLiveCD
OS type: Linux
Block size=4096 (log=2)
Fragment size=4096 (log=2)
262144 inodes, 1048576 blocks
10485 blocks (1.00%) reserved for the super user
First data block=0
Maximum filesystem blocks=1073741824
32 block groups
32768 blocks per group, 32768 fragments per group
8192 inodes per group
Superblock backups stored on blocks:
  32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912, 819200, 884736

Writing inode tables: done
Creating journal (32768 blocks): done
Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done

This filesystem will be automatically checked every 30 mounts or
180 days, whichever comes first.  Use tune2fs -c or -i to override.
tune2fs 1.41.3 (12-Oct-2008)
Setting maximal mount count to -1
Setting interval between checks to 0 seconds
filespec_eval:  hash table stats: 12 elements, 12/65536 buckets used, longest chain length 1
Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/development/i386/os/repodata error was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-2, 'Name or service not known')>
Error creating Live CD : Unable to download from repo : Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: development. Please verify its path and try again