[Fedora-livecd-list] should a livecd be ext3 or ext4

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed May 20 16:53:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 09:13 +0200, Williamson Grant wrote:

> Should a livecd be created ext3 or ext4.
>
> The reason I ask, is we tend offer the livecd's also as usb sticks,
> when I last tried the
> usb stick does not boot if the filesystem is ext4.

The Live Image itself is ext4.  That is wrapped up in a squashfs file,
and then the file and some boot loader files are placed either on a CD
or on a USB device.  The format of the USB device doesn't matter much,
vfat, ext[2,3], etc.. so long as the bootloader can boot it.  It does
not have to match the filesystem that is in the squashfs image.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!