Package needing to be shared across multiple branches

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Aug 4 11:21:13 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've just rebuilt some packages for torcs and torcs-data (The Open Racing
Car Simulator) for development, which fix some problems that had been
reported. My concern now is that the source torcs-data package is 65MB in
size, with the resulting noarch packages occupying the same, and those are
completely arch and distro independant.

So I'd like to find a way to have the torcs-data packages I've just
released in development hardlinked to the FC-3 and FC-4 trees since it
will save a few hundred megabytes on all Fedora Extras mirrors. Can I just
request that on the FC3Status and FC4Status Wiki pages?

Will there be a formal process for this case, since it's definitely not an
isolated one? Would be nice... but probably won't be easy, though.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux kernel 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4
Load : 0.12 0.19 0.22