gimp-print-cups

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Wed Feb 23 23:20:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

>Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:24:34 -0500 (EST)
>From: Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com>
>To: List for Fedora Package Maintainers <fedora-maintainers at redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: gimp-print-cups
>

>Perhaps the right thing to do in this kind of case is to:
>
>1. Move the package into extras.  If no owner *immediately* steps forward,
>tag it as "unmaintained".  Unmaintained modules sit in CVS but never get
>built.
>
>2. Come up with a mechanism for notifying folks about the unmaintained
>modules.
>
>3. If a module is unmaintained for a certain period of time, we may choose
>to dump it from CVS.  Or not.
>
>That way, something like xloadimage gets archived until that time if/when
>someone chooses to pick it back up.
>
>Just thinkin'.

I agree completely with this approach, and think it is a nice
organized way to tackle things.  The only change I would make,
would be to get you to reply underneath postings instead of on
top, but that's just a technical detail.  ;o)

TTYL

/me runs

--
Mike A. Harris, Systems Engineer - X11 Development team, Red Hat Canada, Ltd.

IT executives rate Red Hat #1 for value:  http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor