Package Process for Discussion

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jun 30 17:50:20 UTC 2005

Am Donnerstag, den 30.06.2005, 19:31 +0200 schrieb Warren Togami:
> Hans de Goede wrote:
> > What about requests by users not capable todo packaging to create a
> > package for something, is there a place to track those?
> For now we need to focus our energies on people who actually take the
> time to make packages, then being able to meet them half-way, revise and
> accept those packages.  We should not attempt to win all battles at once.

Well there are already some Package Request in out bugzilla. Not sure if
thats the right place. Maybe we should close those and add them to

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/WishlistExtras

To cite:

As a current contributor, if you know of projects that would be
appropriate in Fedora Core or Fedora Extras but are unable to maintain
yourself just drop them with a line here. This list can be used to give
other contributors ideas on what to package next. Please be aware
however that the number of high quality, well maintained packages that
Extras can provide scales with the number of active contributors. It is
just as important to encourage new contributors as it is to desire new
packages. If you are not yet a contributor to the Extras packaging
process, please look over this list and see if there are any projects
you would be willing to maintain for the Fedora community. Please
remember that new packages will be added to Extras first and go to Core
if deemed suitable later by Core developers.