note about packaging init scripts

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sat Mar 12 15:40:15 UTC 2005

On Saturday 12 March 2005 08:36, Tim Waugh wrote:
> The patch never went away.  bash --rpm-requires is still
> there. (Whether it still works, of course, is another question..)

It works. I have a %__find_requires macro that runs a test of all shell
scripts and compares that to what the rpm dependency checker comes up with
and adds the difference. Its configurable to either output the dependency as
files or packages. I have one more tweek to it before adding it to the
Rookery build system. Shell script dependency info is the weak link. Let me
know if you want a copy of the script to experiment with.

-Steve Grubb