note about packaging init scripts

Jeff Johnson jbj at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 22:23:04 UTC 2005

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 01:36:15PM +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 01:24:12PM -0500, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>
> > Meanwhile, what needs to be done is automate the identification of
> > scriptlet dependencies by resurrecting the patch to bash from RHL 6.2.
> > That's my opinion anyways.
>
> The patch never went away.  bash --rpm-requires is still
> there. (Whether it still works, of course, is another question..)

Ooooh, you just made my day! I thought the patch long since dropped, was
not looking forward to trying to resurrect.

Thank you! Even more than cleaning up the automake spewage! ;-)

todo++, automating scriptlet dependencies is as simple as running
the scriptlet through bash with some filtering on output, rpm
automagic dependency extraction will take care of the rest.

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj at redhat.com (jbj at jbj.org)