[Fwd: ATTENTION: XFree86-devel and xorg-x11-devel will no longer exist very soon.]

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Nov 10 15:36:09 UTC 2005

> Ville Skyttä wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 12:34 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >

> >>email message attachment (ATTENTION: XFree86-devel and xorg-x11-devel
> >>will no longer exist very soon.)
> >>

> >It would be useful to have the contents of all these new *-devel
> >packages somewhere online (Wiki?), ie. which libs and especially headers
> >are in which -devel package etc.
> >
> Mike Harris has this wiki page
>
> http://mharris.ca/xorg-modular/xorg-modularization.html

Yep, I saw that, and it's great, however it doesn't quite satisfy the
request above.

Anyway, it just occurred to me that repoquery can be fairly easily used
for that without risking accidentally borking a FC4 box which I don't
want to upgrade to Rawhide right now, for example "repoquery
--repoid=development -f /path/to/a/X11/header.h" (no need to have the
development repo enabled by default in yum).  It's pretty slow though,
but doesn't probably have to be run _that_ often.