List of rejected packages

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Oct 13 18:55:48 UTC 2005

Hi

Packages in Fedora Extras are on occasions rejected due to licensing,
patents or other such restrictions.   Forbidden Items* documents the
reason behind some of them which are frequently asked for but a more
comprehensive list of all such rejected packages with the reason they
have been rejected from Fedora Extras repository would be useful.

Once we create such a list, we can add it to the packages and reviewers
check list for things to avoid. The list can be kept updated by
reviewers and other contributors.As the number of packages in the
repository increase rapidly a list of such rejected packages would also
be useful to end users to understand what packages not to request for
inclusion and the reason behind them.

regards
Rahul

*  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ForbiddenItems