New printer administration tool design for comments

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Feb 10 16:39:51 UTC 2006

Tim Waugh wrote:
> A NEW PRINTER ADMINISTRATION TOOL
> =================================
>

> 2.4. Modifying PPD options
>      ---------------------
>
> The new printer administration tool will be responsible for providing
> a graphical interface for changing default queue options.  These are
> options such as duplexing, page size, and print quality.  All of these
> options are stored in the PPD file representing the queue, and this is
> modified by the CUPS daemon when it receives the IPP request to do so.

Maybe too early for specific feature requests, but here goes:

Certain newer printers can print PDF natively.  To do so requires the
following added to the PPD:

     *cupsFilter: "application/pdf 0 -"

I'm still not sure how useful this is (brand new printer for us), but
should be configurable from the admin interface.

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222