That name game...

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Tue Feb 21 10:12:22 UTC 2006

On 02/20/2006 09:13 PM, seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 21:05 +0100, Pix wrote:
>> Why not "Bordeaux" ?
>
> sounds nice.

There are 2 vinyards in Germany called 'Stentz'. (No idea if they are
related to each other) :-) Googling for Stentz brings up one of these
entries first, and the Aimé Stenz page as third...

Mr. Zack Stentz wrote the script for 'Agent Cody Banks' and the
following Andromeda titles:

(imdb:)
    1. The Banks of the Lethe (20 November 2000) - Writer (writer)
    2. The Devil Take the Hindmost (16 April 2001) - Writer (writer)
    3. The Honey Offering (23 April 2001) - Writer (writer)
    4. All Too Human (5 November 2001) - Writer (writer)
    5. Una Salus Victus (12 November 2001) - Writer (writer)
    6. Into the Labyrinth (26 November 2001) - Writer (writer)
    7. Lava and Rockets (4 February 2002) - Writer (writer)
    8. Dance of the Mayflies (18 February 2002) - Writer (writer)
    9. The Fair Unknown (15 April 2002) - Writer (writer)
   10. The Knight, Death and the Devil (29 April 2002) - Writer (writer)

However, my opinion on this: Try to get away from the city stuff and fly
away to outer space, we have the chance with 'Stentz' now. :-)

 From Andromeda we can link to Star Wars and Star Trek stuff very easy.

Please note, Andromeda is allready a registered software company
(www.andromeda.com).

So my ideas:
  - Trance or Gemini (from Andromeda; Mrs.Laura Bertram)
    * Possible links that could follow (movie related):
      + Solitaire
      + Deepwater
      + Platinum
      + Twister
      + Avonlea
      ... and more ...
  - Dylan or Hunt or Sorbo (Do I have to describe why? :-))
    * Possible links that could follow (movie related):
      + Hercules (:-/)
      + Xena (:-/)
      + Kull
      + Thaddeus or Kocinski

Using Andromeda as link and going to Star Trek, offers the following:
  - Kirk/Shatner
  - Spock/Nimoy
  - Uhura
  - Chekov
  - Sulu
  - McCoy
  - Picard
  - Paris
  - Janeway/Kathryn
  - Picardo
  - Kes
  - Seven of Nine
  - Archer
  .... and more ...
  (The are a lot of alien nations: Vulcans, Klingon,...)

Using Star Wars:
   - Lucas
   - Skywalker/Hamill
   - Han/Solo
   - Leia/Organa
   - Obi-Wan/Kenobi
   - R2-D2
   - C-3PO
   - Darth/Vader
   - Dodonna
   ... and more ...

Using Georg Lucas:
   - Droids
   - Ewoks
   - Willow
   - Herbie
   ... and more ...

Using Gene Roddenberry:
   - Nemesis
   - Farpoint
   - Genesis
   - Insurrection
   - Borg
   - Voyager
   - Khan
   ... and more ...

Personally I would prefer Trance or Gemini from Andromeda, as Gemini is
nice when thinking about the Fedora Core/Extras relation. :-)

Nemesis is nice when thinking about some green chameleon that we *red*
or *blue* hatted people don't like very much. :-)

We can use many of the above words/names and find a nice story, why
exactly this was taken.

My 2/many cent... :-)

-of