continuing with sprint development post-fc5

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Mar 2 17:11:02 UTC 2006

Am Donnerstag, den 02.03.2006, 11:25 -0500 schrieb Jeff Spaleta:
> On 3/2/06, Christopher Blizzard <blizzard at redhat.com> wrote:
> > However, due to the time constraints for FC5 and the fact that we want
> > to do some fast paced development post-FC5 to get this functionality
> > working, I suggest that we set up some kind of offically blessed repo,
> > where we can continue refining these important pieces of functionality
> > after FC5 is done, with hopes that they will eventually become official
> > updates.

Great idea.

> Uhm... isn't the per Core release updates-testing repo appropriate for
> exactly this sort of work?

I considered the same answer. But the more I think about it the more I
tend to "no, that's not a good idea". We might scare away those that
only want to help testing updated packages that *should* work fine
before they enter updates proper.

So my vote: Create updates-experimental for this stuff.

CU
thl