continuing with sprint development post-fc5

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Mar 6 20:42:25 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 12:24 -0500, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> After reading this thread, I think that I should explain a little more
> what I was suggesting:
>
> o That we have a repository to support making our mobile support much
> better.  Updated packages might include:
[snip]
> But that it's focused in this one area.  Having a generic "experimental"
> tree will just result in piling on, and I would rather have focus in
> this one problem domain for this one repo.  And also the "experimental"
> tree _is_ the devel tree.  It's FC6.  I just want to see us make real
> gains with the relatively stable FC5 tree.

I really think the way to do this is to actually do the work in the
devel tree and then once a specific thing is working better, look at how
to get the changes back and use updates-testing and then the regular
updates tree.  Trying to have YAT[1] is just going to divide the work
that much more into happening in different places and end up with a less
good solution at the end.

Jeremy

[1] Yet Another Tree.