dist-git status

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 15 14:55:34 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 09:48, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something important here, but what is the gain by having
> each branch in it's own repo? Doesn't that mean that I can not merge
> changes from one branch into another one without using external patch
> files?

Both git and hg allow you to pull patches from other repos to a "branch".
Since each branch is created from the devel/ directory there is a history in
place that is used when pulling a patch set.

What we gain is a far easier way to do ACLs, a much easier way to get history
of changes on a given repo, and a much easier way to get just the devel/ or
FC-6/ branches of a given package (or all the devel's)

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora