dist-hg proof-of-concept ready for use

Carl Worth cworth at redhat.com
Wed Nov 15 15:14:03 UTC 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 07:30:48 -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> And I'm telling you that I based this reason on input I got from _other_ uses
> of the tool.  I can't possibly know all the ins and outs of the tool, so I'm
> asking opinions of those that use it on a daily basis.  I continue to
> get "its a great tool, learning it sucks and sometimes I have to do sucky
> things to do what I want, but its a great tool!"

OK. I'm a user of git. I use it on a daily basis. I think it's a great
tool. I don't think learning it is really all that hard. There are a
couple of minor things that would improve the user experience, (for
example, typing "git pull . <branch>" is a bit goofy where something
like "git merge <branch>" would feel more natural). These things
really are minor, and I'm currently working to get these fixed
upstream in git. It is a great tool.

Even without any improvements in the current git UI I don't think it
has any problems serious enough that something else should be
considered.

So there's my opinion, (in case it wasn't obvious from early posts in
this thread).

-Carl