Finding unowned and multiply-owned directories

Christophe GRENIER grenier at cgsecurity.org
Tue Oct 10 12:08:16 UTC 2006

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, seth vidal wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 00:28 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
>>> I have spent a bit of time working on a utility which parses repodata
>>> (filelists.xml) and determines which directories are multiply owned
>>> and which are unowned.  The result seems to work pretty well, but the
>>> full report (run over both core and extras repodata) is 30000 lines.
>>
>> In case no one encouraged you - get this checked in to SOMEWHERE. I'd
>> like to see tools capable of telling us large-scale silliness in the
>> distro or packages and things like this help us.
>>
>> We might not have a good place for it right now but we can make one - a
>> general distro-tools or whatever cvs location is fine until we find a
>> better home.
>
> +1
>
> It'd be nice to have all these nice distro sanity check scripts (like this,
> evr-comparison between branches etc) in one spot.

Checklib, http://rerun.lefant.net/checklib/howto-fix-problems.html,
implements superfluous and multiple libraries detection for Debian
package. Does Fedora has a similar utility ? It may be an addition to
/usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip or rpmlint.

 	Christophe

   / |  '     \    | |"""""""""|       -= GRENIER Christophe =-
      ====         !_!--v---v--"       http://www.cgsecurity.org
     /  __/~| ._-""||        |      Email: grenier at cgsecurity.org