Build error only on ppc

Roland Wolters wolters.liste at gmx.net
Fri Oct 13 20:00:18 UTC 2006

Once upon a time Orion Poplawski wrote:
> >> The "-z now" option is not supported on ppc.
> >
> > I am a bit puzzled here. Why is that call correct syntax at all?
> > Shouldn't that be "-Wl,-z,now" instead of "-Wl -z now"?
>
> Certainly.  Roland, try this first, but I've also seen reports that -z
> now isn't available on ppc.  Not sure it's still true tough.

My problem is that I'm not familiar with fixes in such cases - how can I
change that behaviour? I checked the Makefile but there was nothing like that
mentioned.

> Otherwise, the configure code should probably be something like:
>
> case $host in
> ppc*) ;;
>     *) LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -Wl,-z,now";;
> esac

Do I have to add this directly after the %build line, before the %config line?

Roland

--
"Freiheit schützt man nicht, indem man sie abschafft"
-- Foebud-Vorstand padeluun zum Thema Videoüberwachung