Agressive FUD by Fedora contributor

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 09:23:58 UTC 2006

On 10/16/06, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 10:00:06PM -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
> > As you can clearly see from this thread Axel is completely ignoring
> > the fact this his packages break Fedora user's systems [...]  The
> > simple fact of the matter is that ATrpms breaks your system and Axel
> > refuses to acknowledge the fact, [...]  I'm sorry if this makes you
> > upset, but it happens to be the truth.
>
> And it only takes a mail from Seth to make you change that *fact* of
> ATrpms packages breaking your system to a *potential* breakage.
>
> Indeed any package at ATrpms has potential breakage. But this is true
> for any piece of software and package out there. Or did you invent the
> bug-free software?
>
> Does it make sense to ask you on specific examples on how ATrpms break
> your system as a fact? A non-invented one, you do have "countless" of
> people running to you with their problems daily, so you do have tons
> of examples, right?
>
> No, don't bother, I don't want to have to technically argue on the
> you're on FUD-mode still. And that's what this is about, you dividing
> the community and mobbing other fedora contributors.

It is sad to see that you refuse to believe there is any problem here.
 I will contact the upstream developer and ask him to remind me of the
exact issue that was causing the problems if he remembers.  Im pretty
sure it was something to do with nx, but I could be mistaken.  I will
get back to you once I know more.

I am very dissappointed that you think I am inventing problems.  Is it
really that hard for you to accept the possibility that there may
exist a problem with an ATrpms package?