Re: Font packages changes required for dropping chkfontpath/xfs

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 20:48:25 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl redhat com> wrote:

> /usr/share/pgsql/timezone (barring relocation of the package,
> something I'd someday like to have work), and needs to point to
> /usr/share/zoneinfo.  I believe you're suggesting that I create it as
> ../zoneinfo.  That is not going to work when it's sitting in
> /var/tmp/postgresql-something-root/usr/share/pgsql, because the
> zoneinfo files are not part of my package; there will not be anything
> at /var/tmp/postgresql-something-root/usr/share/zoneinfo.  If they
> *were* part of my package then you'd be correct.

Surely your package requires the whatever package provides the zoneinfo
files, so that when your package is installed into a chroot it doesn't
matter if I'm /inside/ the chroot or not, your symlink will always
point to the right target, not something /outside/ the chroot.