Broken deps in FC6 Updates

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Feb 4 18:15:32 UTC 2007

On Sunday 04 February 2007 12:51, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> If what you say applies, something is very broken in the buildsystem.
>
> 1. Noarch is the architecture a package had been designed for, not the
> architecture a package actually runs on and doesn't have to imply a
> package is usable on a certain arch.
>
> 2. A noarch package can depend on arch'ed packages, which might not be
> available for all arches - Nevertheless the package itself is still
> noarch.

RPM does _not_ put this "ExcludeArch" information INTO the .noarch package.
It lives in the srpm/spec only.  Thus at compose time, we have to track back
from a noarch rpm to the srpm that created it, query it and find the
Exclude/ExclusiveArch stuff to decide if this 'noarch' package is suitable
for this arch collection.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora