Co-maintainersip policy for Fedora Packages

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Jan 24 19:21:01 UTC 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis schrieb:
> seth vidal schrieb:
>> Why all the overhead of rules early?

In addition to my other mail: some of my other stuffs gives new people a
chance to find their way into the project. That what I'd like to see
with co-maintainers -- the current sponsorship process does not scale
forever (as I said: I for one would today not find my way into the
project -- all the sutff I know about is packaged already and your
proposal requires people are already sponsored).

I think we've already reached the point where we need to get new people
into the game via co-maintainership. At the same time people that
proofed to be capable should get higher in the game and get involved in
the more important and more complicated stuff now that Core and Extras
merge.

CU
thl