Plan for tomorrow's (20070604) Release Engineering meeting

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Tue Jun 5 06:03:32 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:

> If someone installs the RC version and they just want to get to the Final
> version when it's released, they do nothing except 'yum update' when the
> final version is released.

On a related note, I was running rawhide between test2 and F7 final.
But yum didn't pick up any change to the fedora-release package, which
left me picking up the first round of fc8 rebuilds after the dam broke,
because I was still being pointed at the development repos.  I spent a
few hours on different machines downloading the F7 final packages that
had been updated and manually rolling them back with "rpm -U
--oldpackage".  Ugh.

	<b