No sound on PowerPC Mac Mini after upgrading from fc6 to Fedora7

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 03:44:57 UTC 2007

2007/6/5, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org>:
> On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 22:24 +0400, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> > I tried to modprode snd-aoa, to rmmod snd-powermac and vice versa, to
> > rename any snd-powermac in /etc/modprobe to snd-aoa, to start kudzu,
> > to stop kudzu but with zero success. Then I did ls /dev/snd I saw only
> > seq and timer.
>
> Hm... I think there's a Mini in the passenger footwell of my car (damn
> computers get everywhere). I'll take it indoors and see if it makes
> noise.
>
> Does it help if you load all the other modules under
> /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/sound/aoa ?

Yes!
It finally works after I added next lines to /etc/rc.local

==============================

modprobe snd-aoa-i2sbus
modprobe snd-aoa-soundbus
modprobe snd-aoa-fabric-layout
modprobe snd-aoa

==============================

My /etc/modprobe.conf:

==============================

blacklist snd_powermac
blacklist snd-powermac
blacklist bcm43xx

alias eth0 sungem
alias wlan0 bcm43xx-mac80211

alias snd-card-0 snd-aoa
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-aoa index=0
remove snd-aoa { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-aoa