Summary of 2007-03-06 Packaging Committee meeting

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Mar 7 21:11:02 UTC 2007

I intended to get this out yesterday and indeed had the wiki pages up
then; hopefully once I'm used to the format I can get these done much
more quickly.  (Note to self: It's not in the wiki until you click
"Save Changes".)

Meeting minutes and full logs of the packaging meeting which occurred
on 2007.03.06 are online:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Minutes
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Minutes20070306
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/IRCLog20070306

Executive summary:

Issues pending FESCO ratification:
 * Firmware packaging guidelines accepted (6 yea, 0 nay):
   https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-packaging/2007-February/msg00292.html
 * Draft disallowing %config files under /usr accepted
   (5 yea, 1 nay):
   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/UsrConfigs

Misc business:
 * tibbs will provide summaries and minutes for meetings
 * Meetings will henceforth be held in #fedora-meeting
 * #fedora-packaging is closed and will redirect to #fedora-devel

Please see the minutes and log for full information.

Comments regarding the format of this summary and of the minutes are
appreciated.

 - J<