Role of SIG's

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 20:05:13 UTC 2007

On 3/20/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I had previously left the SIG pages during the move to
> /PackageMaintainers in the wiki since I wasn't sure the SIG's were
> limited to coordination of packaging anymore. What would be a
> appropriate place?
>
> Do folks prefer the /PackageMaintainers/SIGs or just /SIG/?

You should not have to be a packager to join a special interest group.
 The path of least resistance is that people first join a SIG and then
become a packager, not the other way around.

Getting people to sign up for special interest groups is a good way to
recruit new packagers.

I would actually consider PackageMaintainers as a SIG in itself.  It
makes more sense to me to have /SIG/PackageMaintainers rather than
/PackageMaintainers/SIGs