Feedback on Fedora Core 4 test 2 review

Erik Hemdal ehemdal at townisp.com
Thu Apr 28 13:49:31 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> All of the Fedora Core development is done by Red Hat employees which
> contains a good number of software developed by the community.
> Encouring the community to participate in the process through efforts
> like Fedora Extras and Fedora Legacy only helps to enhance it obviously
>
> regards
> Rahul

I come down in agreement with Rahul on this one.  I can completely
understand Red Hat's reasons for discontinuing Red Hat Linux, and I
don't think it was treacherous, just disappointing.  I was hoping that
Red Hat could make it go, and I'm happy that RHL lived as long as it
did.  The fact that Red Hat continues to support Fedora indicates a
level of integrity that not all firms have anymore.  I also believe that
Red Hat did a lot to bolster the credibility of Linux in the eyes of
many people.

I don't think Red Hat ever hid the Fedora Project.  I got the EOL email
and it pointed me to the Red Hat site with the big RHEL vs. Fedora
links.  The choices were pretty obvious to me.  I had to scramble a
bit....because I was a couple of weeks away from starting a new class on
RHL 9, but I switched to FC1 and pulled it out.

Erik