Someone's missing the point...

Thijs Hulshof thulshof at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 17:50:07 UTC 2005

Hi,

I think Fedora has an image problem, especially with starting users. On my
Linux-forum, Fedora is often called a distribution for testing things, not
for serious desktop-use. As a Fedora-supporter, I'm always trying to
contradict... but there should be nothing to contradict.

As a solution, I think we should focus more on new Linux-users. Currently,
there are not really things that attract new users.

Fedora is easy to use, imho it is easier then Ubuntu. I think all popular
distributions (Fedora, SuSE, Ubuntu, Mandriva, etc.) are ready for the
desktop, but the usage statistics heavily depend on the community. Almost
every reviewer is excited about Ubuntu. If that reviewer started with
Fedora, maybe (s)he should be even more excited about Fedora.

- Thijs