Someone's missing the point...

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Aug 10 18:00:00 UTC 2005

This is not a matter of our failure to define Fedora properly to the
community.  This is a case of someone seeing what they want to see:

#1. Red Hat should never have gone to the RHEL/Fedora model.  We don't
care what the financials look like.

#2. Red Hat is using the community as guinea pigs.

#3. Fedora sucks and is completely unstable.

#1 is simply wrong; we couldn't have survived with our old model.  #2 is a
matter of perspective, and is thus not arguable.  The only one of these
opinions with any value at all is #3, and we need to strive to improve the
Fedora Core release process.  And we will.

Beyond that, I don't know that there's much to say.  The only way forward
with Fedora is to build the community of developers, and increase the
quality of the offering over time.  That's all.

--g

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan