Cool Fedora schwag idea

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 21:01:08 UTC 2005

On 6/27/05, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:
> I believe a redesign of the website should be a fairly important thing
> to do.

you mean the fedora.redhat.com site? or something new?

> We should also consider having a competition for the default
> desktop wallpaper, sound themes, etc for the FC5 release.

+1, but i'd say limit it to just the desktop wallpaper the first time
around. I'll re-iterate my previous idea. Have a competition with a
pre-defined panel of expert judges. The experts come up with a theme
for the competition and review in-coming submissions for basic good
taste and technical merit. The panel of judges picks a winner, and
then takes the top 10 or so runner up submissions and places them in
public competition for community's choice. The official winner is used
as the default background and the community's choice is provided as an
alternative selection.

-jef
-jef