For this weeks meeting agenda...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Sep 12 04:50:47 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 23:49 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> Bryan, I get your point.

Thanx.  Remember, I'm an "outsider."  I do a lot of marketing of Fedora
Core, and I've always stuck right by Red Hat's decisions because of all
the trademark mess (no good deed goes unpunished, and that's exactly
what Red Hat's goodwill has always been taken as by so many companies).

> Lemme talk to some smart folks and see what the general feeling is
> around XFS "inside the walls."

I'm sure the big issue is the adoption of 4KiB stacks, something I agree
very much with Red Hat on, but I know SGI has had issues.

> I'm kinda curious myself now.

Again, I'll put together something for the wiki by Tuesday, possibly
tomorrow night.  I just started with a new company this week -- and
we're deep into hurricane deployments of our technology for
communications.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com