Distrowatch on Fedora this year

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 17 16:43:58 UTC 2007

Christopher Aillon wrote:

> Then we need people to tell the world.  Our engineers should not have to
> hold this burden.  They are doing an awesome job with coding up all the
> features.

It wouldn't be a burden to tell the world that we are doing what we are
doing then. One simple way to do this it to just blog more often. Our
engineers do that sometimes but way less than ideal. I still find a lot
of information for the release summary and notes from the dry rawhide
changelogs and sometimes have no clue to the extend they impact the end
user experience but the people do the changes obviously know it but
aren't talking about it much. Our users aren't going to be excited about
features if we aren't in a very visible manner.  Marketing for free
software works is rather odd ways.