Re: FEDORA MASCOT

Nicu Buculei escribió:
Using a hat is absolutely forbidden and we can't do anything about that.

Isn't that kind of an oxymoron? I mean, Fedora is named *after* a hat, "losing the hat" is like losing the identity (or rendering the word meaningless, hence the quest for a new identity, found in the Speech+Infinite+Freedom Fedora logo we now have), I suppose the "no Hats allowed" rule comes straight from Red Hat and "marketing confusion/brand recognition" if a hat was used by Fedora (not to say the perpetuation of the stigma that Fedora is Red Hat's playground)... Just found this fact to be kind of... contradictory. Alas a name change at this point (about the 7th release) is [completely] out of the question.