Release Parties, some thoughts

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 16 19:28:40 UTC 2008

Hi,

I know there are a lot of discussions and tasks opened in Marketing
project and I don't want to overcharge with another one. I want,
instead, start talking about another key elements I would suggest to
discuss and work on.

You know Release Events [1]: those are events that contain both the
knowledgeable side and the enjoyment one in a unique, amazing mixing
to have an interesting occasion to meet the new fedora release. As you
know, moreover, Ambassadors took (and will take) care of the event
organization, from the budget to the schedule and so on.

Now, I'm here talking with you, marketers, to start thinking a way to
optimize the visibility of those events, trying to figure out a way to
have a better relation with the outer world and, maybe, get the most
from those one (new contributors, new users and so on).

I know what I'm asking is not so simple: we are talking about
organizing a marketing campaign. I know it's earlier, we are currently
holding some F10 Release Events, but I want to ask Marketing Leading
Team to consider this for the future (F11).

Best regards

Francesco Ugolini