Improved audio from Paul Frields 2008 fudcon talk ogg

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 16:22:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 7:21 AM, Valent Turkovic
<valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> To fix that is trivial and here is how I did it.
> Please listen and compare my version [3] with one on Miro site.
> if you can connect me with people uploading audio I can give them tips
> like this on how to enhance audio for better quality.
>
> Cheers,
> Valent.

You just validated what we are trying to do here by having everything
openly licensed and publicly available.

If we can ever get hosting space, I'd really like to see people
collaborating to edit and process material so we can scale a process
around interest and experience.  I want a process where we don't
expect individuals at events who can record video and audio to be able
to do all of their own editting or processing. They just have to
record raw material that's good enough to work with.
Then they can upload it, so our community experts in editing polish it up.

But we can't really build that sort of process without a hosting
commitment of some sort. We'll get there, but not for F10. Maybe F11.
Let's concentrate for F10 on showing that as a content channel is
worthwhile and then for F11 we can figure out how to build a
collaborative virtual production studio around it.

-jef