Reminder: Meeting in 24 hours, #fedora-meeting

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 19:36:11 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 09:05:11PM +0200, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, Mel Chua wrote:
>
>> As usual, we will be going through
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_F12_schedule.
>
> I have a topic that I would like to see the Marketing Team address:
>
> The last event that I attended, I got a bunch of questions regarding
> Fedora usage on various "netbooks".
>
> I believe that this is a marketing problem more than it is an engineering
> problem, because we have a variety of Fedora spins (including the default
> one) that would work fine on Netbooks.
>
> I think we need a simple page -- /wiki/Netbooks -- that offers some best
> practices/tips/troubleshooting/etc. for people who are using Fedora on
> different Netbooks.

I agree, and I think we should take a look at what experience Fedora
offers right now on those Netbooks.  When someone tries Fedora out of
the box, what if anything are they missing?

I have anecdotal reports for F11 that range from "OK" to "amazing."
Probably the best thing we could provide is a roundup of support with
a "green/yellow/red" HUD, where people can see if there are any
problem areas.