Introduction of new member

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Wed Oct 22 13:18:48 UTC 2008

 Hey PascalGreat to have you with us.  Indiana is a leader in the open source in education field.Fedora OLPC is actually two project for the price of one:) One side is running Fedora on the XO and the other is running Sugar on a stock Fedora systems.thanksdavid
On  10/21/2008, 11:49, Pascal Calarco (pcalarco at nd.edu) wrote:Hi folks --  I am an Ambassador from Indiana, USA, and also on the editorial team for  Fedora Weekly News.  I am a librarian and a manager of a computing unit  in the Hesburgh Libraries at the University of Notre Dame.  We have a  10-server RHEL/GFS cluster to manage several enterprise business and  end-user systems for a consortia of four private colleges located around  Notre Dame.  Fedora has been my daily desktop environment since FC2, and  I've been a linux user on and off since picking up Red Hat Linux 3.03  back around 1996/97 or so.  I am going to join the SIG in order to step up coverage of the Fedora  OLPC SIG in Fedora Weekly News.  I recently attended the Ohio LinuxFest,  and the XOs we had at the Fedora booth were a huge draw for attendees,  and I think highlighting more of the work of the SIG will pay dividends  for the broader Fedora project as a whole.  I'm also subscribed to the  OLPC community
news list, and I'll pull Fedora relevant items from there  as well.  I should be able to make most of the OLPC SIG IRC meetings,  which I understand are Fridays at 1:00 pm Eastern.    Cheers,     - pascal   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pcalarco  _______________________________________________ Fedora-olpc-list mailing list Fedora-olpc-list at redhat.com https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-olpc-list