Introduction of new member

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Wed Oct 22 15:30:19 UTC 2008

Welcome, Pascal.

To expand on what David said, the little bit of news I posted on
Facebook and to officially give you your first bit of info that might
qualify as news...

Pre-orders for the F10 OLPC SD cards will  start October 28 at
On-Disk.com.  I'll update the list with the URL and price once it's
posted.  As we get closer to the actual release of F10 and G1G1, I'll
also have the cards listed at Amazon.com

Some selling points for the Fedora option on the XO...

1) for adults who may not find the Sugar environment practical for daily
use, the Fedora 10 option allows the machine to behave in a more
familiar way.  2) In this sense, the XO is on-par with an Asus Eee PC,
except your purchase during the G1G1 promotion directly effects the
lives of children.  A social purchase rather than a corporate profit
purchase.

~Karlie